Funded by Bilingual Education Resource Center, the subsidy is created to incentivize teachers to design specialized English courses which prepare students for EMI (English as Medium of Instruction) courses. Based on《NCHU Classification Criteria for English-taught Courses
》The scheme is to facilitate the development of ESAP (English for Specific Academic Purposes)courses.
(1 ) Undergraduate & postgraduate ESAP (English for Specific Academic Purposes) Courses for 1st semester of Academic Year 112 accredited by University Curriculum Committee.
(2) Undergraduate & postgraduate ESAP (English for Specific Academic Purposes) Courses for Academic Year 113 and expected to be submitted to Department-Level Curriculum Committee Meeting.(Each course can submit an application ONCE.)
This scheme is NOT applicable for those which already received a grant from other internal incentive projects.
2.Eligibility for subsidy application：
(1) Courses meet the definition of "English for Specific Academic Purposes" as referred in
《NCHU Classification criteria for intramural English as instrument of instruction curricula》.
(2) Click the link at the right-hand side to go to the Application Form：https://reurl.cc/54Ovyy
(3) Application Due Date：Mar 31st 2024 ; applications received after the fund is exhausted may be excluded.
(4) Each instructor may only submit an application ONCE.
【Article 3】Budget Subsidy
1. Instructors of approved ESAP courses for 2nd semester of Academic Year 112 would be authorized the use of TWD 30,000 functional expense (included work-study student expense).
2. Instructors of approved ESAP courses to-be-offered in Academic Year 113 would be authorized the use of TWD 10,000 functional expense.
【Article 4】Rules for reimbursement of expenses incurred
Please note that all the reimbursable payments shall be completed by Jun 30th 2024, or the subsidies will be reclaimed.
【Article 5】Key Results
(1) ESAP course for 1st semester of Academic Year 112：
- Submit a 5-10-minutes instructional video clip.
※ Bilingual Education Resource Center is committed to instructional use of your video clip which intended to provide information for pedagogical and scholarly study to enhance the education of students.
- Instructors and students are supposed to complete an on-line questionnaire provided by Bilingual Education Resource Center.
(2)ESAP course for Academic Year 113：
- Submit at least 5 weeks teaching materials,handouts (e.g. powerpoint slides) to Bilingual Education Resource Center.
- If the required documents are not submitted, the applicant's qualification process will be temporarily suspended for the next four academic semesters.